Digicel Cayman Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is provided to help you understand how we collect, use, share, protect, and otherwise deal with your personal information when you use our products and services and our website.
Who we are
We are Digicel (Cayman) Limited, having our registered office situated at Cayman Technology Centre, 115 Printer Way, George Town, Cayman Islands, PO Box 700, KY1-1107. At Digicel Cayman we are part of a larger group of companies – Digicel Group. Digicel Group and its other companies may have their own separate privacy notice, and they will apply if you buy any of their products or services direct from them.
Our contact details
If you have any concerns or questions about our privacy notice, you can contact us via email to DPO@digicelgroup.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write to us at:
Digicel (Cayman) Limited
115 Printer Way
PO Box 700, KY1-1107
The personal information we collect and use depends on the type of products and services you use and subscribe to, how you use them and how you interact with us. We explain the different types of personal information we collect, why we use it and the legal grounds we rely on below.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and use the following types of personal information:
• Contact information such as your name, address, phone number and email address, your date of birth and gender;
• Payment and financial information such as your bank account details, credit or debit card information;
• Account information such as your billing and payment plans, the subscriptions you have, or account identifier or other information related to your account;
• Traffic data relating to the connectivity services we provide to you, like the numbers you call, the time and duration of the call or how you are using data.
• Location data such as GPS data or by identifying nearby mobile phone masts and Wi-Fi hotspots and where you enable location-based services or features. Or where a location is derived from your IP address or data such as a post code or name of a town or city.
• Authentication information such as your passwords, password hints and other security information used to verify your identity to access your account and our services;
• Your communications with us, including emails, webchats and phone calls to our customer care centres, or requests for information about products and services;
• Information about your preferences and interests based on how your use our products and services;
• Information from third parties such as credit agencies, fraud-prevention agencies, and from other data providers; and
How we get that information and why we have it
Most of the information that we process is provided to us when you:
• Buy, register or use any of our products and services;
• Contact us;
• Browse or visit our website;
• Take part in our competitions, prize draws or surveys;
• Directly from third party companies with your consent; or
• Interact with our products and services and website, we collect information from cookies and other various similar technologies.
Also when you visit any of our stores or offices, we may also collect information about you on CCTV as part of our security and crime prevention measures.
We will use the information that you have given us to:
• verify your identity and validate your subscription;
• billing purposes;
• provide and maintain our products and services;
• assist with service related issues, account management, customer care and technical support;
• improve the performance of our services, products and service development, and customer care;
• carry out marketing analysis to tailor the services to your preferences and interests;
• market our products and services; and
• carry out statistical analysis such as analysing the performance of our products and services and to understand how our customers use them.
Legal basis for using your information
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
• Where you give us your consent - you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via our contact details.
• For our legitimate business interest, so that we can run an efficient and effective business.
• For the performance of our contract with you – that is to provide you with the products and services you have requested, bought or subscribed to.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including for example tax and accounting requirements and telecommunications regulations.
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with:
• our companies in Digicel Group;
• partners and service providers involved on our behalf in delivering our products and services to you; and
• other third party providers such as credit agencies.
We ensure there is a data processing agreement in place so that your personal information is only processed for a specified purpose and that it is protected in accordance with privacy laws.
International Transfer of Data
Where applicable and in order to provide some of our products and services to you, we may transfer your personal information internationally to companies in Digicel Group, our partners and service providers involved in delivering and maintaining the products and services you use.
If we do transfer any of your personal information to other countries, we will ensure that there is an adequate level of protection for your personal information and ensure that a proper legal agreement is in place to cover such data transfers to these countries.
If you would like further information about this please contact us via ‘Our Contact Details’ above.
How we protect your information and how long we store it
We take the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We keep your personal information for no more than is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless we are required to keep it for such other period to comply with legal, tax or regulatory reasons. When we no longer need or are not required to keep your information we will securely delete your information and ensure all recipients of your data also comply with the same.
Where you have given us your consent to use your information and you decide to withdraw that consent, we will delete your personal information unless we are required to keep it for reasons we have explained above. We may need to keep a piece of your contact information e.g. your email address in our records so we know that you have withdrawn your consent and ensure we honour your choice.
Your data protection rights
You can do the following at any time by contacting us:
• Request to see a copy of the information we have about you;
• Request to update any incorrect or inaccurate information we have about you;
• Restrict or object to us processing your information in certain circumstances;
• Have us delete any information we have about you in certain circumstances;
• Transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances;
• Express any concern you have about our use of your information;
• To opt-out of marketing messages – you can also opt-out by clicking the link at the end of any marketing email, text or message to unsubscribe, or disable push notifications, or change your preferences on your device settings; and
• To opt-out of automated decision making e.g. online behaviour analytics.
Our website may contain links to other third party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and cookie policies of these third party websites before you use or give them your personal information.
Changes to our privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated on September 27, 2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website.